Woodman's Pal Military Premium 284
The Woodman's Pal® Military Premium 284 (LC-14-B) is their very best model.
This thoughtfully designed land clearing tool cuts brush and saplings up to 1 ½” in diameter with a single stroke. The chisel sharp sickle hook is great for slicing through blackberries and other woody vines with a tug.
The curved leather grip is extremely comfortable in the hand, cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It requires less effort to maintain a safe grip and reduces the tendency for hot spots that lead to blisters. The wrap around knuckle guard not only protects, it helps keep the hand from sliding off the handle.
When paired with the vintage canvas sheath, the Woodman's Pal is easily and safely carried during a variety of activities. It protects the blade, you and your four legged friend. Keeping your machete where you want it when you need it.
This is the original military design brought back due to popular demand. Mil-Spec olive green canvas attaches to your belt via a canvas loop, zippered closure with two interior pockets.
It is preferred by Surveyors, Foresters, Nurserymen, Fire & Rescue, Hunters, Campers, Hikers, Survivalists, Pilots, Boaters, Land Managers, Gardeners, Farmers and Highway Crews.
It comes very sharp and ready to work from the factory. Because I prefer a shaving sharp edge, I sharpen my Woodman's Pal with my Edge Pro Apex sharpening system. Due to the qualities of the steel the edge is long lasting and only needs occasional touchups.
The Woodman's Pal is handcrafted in Pennsylvania with all American made raw materials. Military issue since 1941.
Key features include:
• Specially annealed, 1/8” thick x 10 1/2“ high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47+2).
• Crack and chip proof, even in sub-zero temperatures.
• Convex ground, concave axe blade for extreme strength and superior edge holding capabilities.
• Chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars, and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
• Line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate and comfortable swinging motion.
• Black powder coating prevents rust and corrosion.
• Safety toe, extending one inch up the axe-side of the tool, reduces risk of deflective injuries.
Length: 16 ½” overall
Weight: 25 oz
Made in USA.